Steven Shaw was raised in North Carolina and California, but considers Washington his home. He began his career at the Washington State Attorney General’s office in its Labor & Industries Division, and moved to the LePley Law Firm in December of 2000. Steve helped the firm’s clients obtain real justice in the areas of personal injury and insurance company misconduct until 2010, when the Shaw Law Firm was created.
In August of 2012, Shaw Law Firm merged with the Pearson Law Firm of Issaquah, Washington, where Steve continues to represent individuals with claims for injury or insurance misconduct.
Steve is an active member of both the Washington State Association for Justice (www.washingtonjustice.org) and the American Association for Justice (www.justice.org) and has accepted numerous leadership roles in each organization.
Steve has been named a “Rising Star” by Washington Law & Politics magazine multiple times in its annual survey. He has written articles and lectured many times in Washington and outside Washington on a variety of legal and law practice topics.
Steve attended Seattle University’s School of Law and is admitted to practice in Washington State Courts as well as US District Court in the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington State. He and his wife Michelle and their four children make Bothell their home.
Areas of Practice
- 80% Injury Claims — Plaintiff
- 20% Insurance Misconduct Claims – Plaintiff
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Washington State
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- Seattle University, School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Juris Doctor
- San Jose State University, San Jose, California
- Bachelor of Arts
- Karen K, Koehler, Esq.
- Bradford J. Fulton, Esq.
- Patrick H. LePley, Esq.
- Jason G. Epstein, Esq.
- Jonathan K. Winemiller, Esq.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Association of Securities Dealers, Former Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member
Past Employment Positions
- WA State Attorney General’s Office, Law Clerk
- LePley & Koehler PLLC, Associate Attorney
- LePley Law Firm, Associate Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Bi-lingual Advice Attorney – King County Bar Association